Springfield Rotarians volunteering for the Special Olympics and wishing our very own Joe Carl a very Happy Birthday!
Week 10 – Final Week:
02/09/16 raffle winners were:
- Ticket #212 – Kimberly Davino $50
- Ticket #082 – Edie & Norbert Belzer $80
- Ticket #057 – Carter Kinnear – won the grand prize – $2000!!!
02/02/16 raffle winners were:
- Ticket #054 – Elizabeth Flynn $40
- Ticket #210 – Peg Heffernan $60
- Ticket #214 – Jim Mohr $100
01/26/16 raffle winners were:
- Ticket #231 – Steve Schagrin $30
- Ticket #167 – Bob Scott III & Martine $50
- Ticket #175 – Nancy McGettigan $80
01/19/16 raffle winners were:
- Ticket #135 – Mary Margaret Milillo $20
- Ticket #018 – Scott Kreilick $40
- Ticket #229 – Alex Stevers-Radtke $50
01/12/16 raffle winners were:
- Ticket #060 – Bob Brock $20
- Ticket #021 – Phil Quinn $30
- Ticket #075 – Faye Helwig $40
01/05/16 raffle winners were:
- Ticket #122 – Rick Hamilton $20
- Ticket #195 – Janice Mannal $30
- Ticket #246 – Abby Peake $40
12/22/15 raffle winners were:
- Ticket #256 – Joe and Dianne Krol $20
- Ticket #013 – Ken King $30
- Ticket #029 – Daniel Mohr $40
12/15/15 raffle winners were:
- Ticket #017 – Cynthia Kreilick $20
- Ticket #054 – Elizabeth Flynn $20
- Ticket #076 – Gregg Lodes $20
12/8/15 raffle winners were:
- Ticket #105 – John Schmitt $20
- Ticket #098 – Josh Vanderslice $20
- Ticket #259 – Sue Ciliberto $20
12/1/15 raffle winners were:
- Ticket #192 – Jennifer Heinle $20
- Ticket #151 – Vince Criniti $20
- Ticket #217 – Jennifer Murray $20
For close to 40 years our Rotary Club has been offering fresh Florida Fruit from November to March. Unfortunately, the remainder of this year’s Fruit Sale, both the February and March sales are canceled, as the supplier could NOT get us enough fresh, properly ripened fruit. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We hope to see you in the Fall 2016 for our next sale.
DUE TO THE PENDING SEVERE WEATHER EXPECTED TONIGHT THE FIREWORKS FOR SATURDAY JUNE 27th ARE CANCELED – NO RAIN DATE AS THE CARNIVAL ENDS TODAY AND HAS ALSO BEEN CANCELED. WE DO APPRECIATE EVERYONE’S PATRONAGE OF OUR CARNIVAL WE HOPE TO HAVE THE SUN SHINING FOR OUR 10th ANNUAL CARNIVAL IN 2016! It’s time for our 9th Annual Community Carnival! From June 23-27 each night starting at 6PM the carnival will take place in the parking lot of Springfield Township High School. Food, Games, Rides and other fun is planned each night with fireworks set to go off on Saturday, June 27 once it gets dark, come early enjoy the carnival and grab a great seat for the fireworks.
SPECIAL NOTE: We appreciate everyone’s patronage as we’ve worked around weather all this week: As for Saturday’s Fireworks: The Board is meeting tonight (Friday 6/26). We have until 10 am tomorrow to make a decision to cancel or hold the Fireworks. We will post on the website once a determination is made. There is No Rain Date at this time.
$1.00 per ticket
Discount Books Available
Wrist Bands $20 all you can ride.
About our Rotary Club!
Over 58 Years of Community Service to Springfield Township, including:
• Renovation of Flourtown Veterans Memorial
• $10,000 & 10,000 lb. Food Donation to Phillabundance
• Children’s Area of Springfield Library
• Walking Trails, Bridge, and Gazebo at Cisco Park
• Local Student Athletic and Academic Scholarships
• 3rd Grade Dictionary Project Throughout Springfield Twp.
• Contributor to New Playground at McKelvey Park in Oreland
• International Student Exchange Program (ongoing)
Advertise With Us! We have Sponsorships available for businesses to help support the carnival. This year we have added a new twist! For an additional $100, our business sponsors will be featured at all of our community events and sales thru May 2016. This would include events such as Community Day, Fruit Sales, Special Olympic Events and so on. This is a great way for our sponsors to get recognition all throughout the year! Just submit the form below with your check made out to Springfield Township Rotary and you’re all set.
Springfield Rotary Club sponsors its annual St. Patrick’s Day Dance for Special Olympics athletes. Photo features the decorating team of Rotarians Bonnie Ostrofsky, Armand Vozzo, and Dorothea Hatt, friend John Schmitt, and Rotarians Claudia Campbell, Linda Silva, Roseanne Domenic (with daughter Maggie), Frank Duff, Herb Craft, and Bob Scott. Photo by Stacey Godshall.
DSC04773: Springfield Rotary Club is happy to report that the St. Patrick’s Day dance they sponsored for Special Olympics athletes was a complete success, enjoyed by over 135 athletes and family members. From left to right at the conclusion of the dance are Rotarians Frank Duff and Victoria Candido, SHS teacher Marlene Thornton, Rotarians Bonnie Ostrofsky, Sharon Vecchione, Mike Thornton, Bill Totten (in front), Steve Schagrin, Roseanne Domenic, friend Ed Mardt, and Rotarian Herb Craft. Photo by Stacey Godshall.
Once again, The Springfield Township Rotary Club rolled up their sleeves and participated in Martin Luther King Day, by doing what they do best, “Service Above Self”. Mike Creeden and his kitchen staff at Sandy Run Country Club prepared a wonderful meal for Face to Face in Germantown. Joe Bonus of Bonus Marketing was a great help today with transport as were Rotary members who served the meal at Face to Face. Following the meal at Face to Face, Rotarian Claudia Campbell of Tabitha Harrier Concierge drove to Arcadia to pick-up donated items and then delivered them to Face to Face. To date our toiletry drive items total 2,141 and Rotary will have additional items for Face to Face during the month of January due to the generosity of the Springfield Democrats who also collected.
This holiday season thru Martin Luther King Day, Springfield Rotarians are collecting monetary donations and toiletry items for Face to Face in Germantown. Children at St. Genevieve’s in Flourtown have offered to help the homeless too by collecting sew socks for those less fortunate. Rotary invited Sister Theresa and some of the children to Rotary as a thank you. For more information please visit www.SpringfieldRotary.org. to see how you can help.
MISSION: HELP FACE TO FACE
GOAL (1) : COLLECT ITEMS FOR WASHETERIA
GOAL (2) : $$$ FOR MEALS
TIMELINE: JAN 2, 2015
Q: What is a Washeteria?
A: Provides visitors with a place to shower and do laundry.
NEED: (small/travel size) toiletries: Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Soap, Deodorant, Disposable Razors, Shaving Lotion, Shampoo, Conditioner and new Socks/Washcloths.
Q: What is Face to Face?
A: Face To Face is a human services organization located in Germantown that offers dignity, compassion, and a sense of community to hundreds of disenfranchised men, women and children.
NEED: Monetary donations to provide 200 meals on Martin Luther King Day (January 19th) at Face To Face.
Until January 2, 2015, all donations can be dropped off at
Dan Helwig REALTORS
1415 Bethlehem Pike,
Flourtown, PA 19031
For more information, contact Claudia Campbell, Coordinator Springfield Township Rotary Club (215-233-8919).
With a unified dedication, Rotary and our community can make a difference helping our neighbors – Face To Face.