We’ll gather to celebrate the Holidays and look forward to a new year.
The Springfield Township Rotary Club stuffed 100 holiday stockings for the troops. Included in each stocking were a variety of games, candies, as well as hand written greeting cards from Springfield Township children and Rotarians, thanking our troops for their service, especially during the holiday season. The stocking will be shipped courtesy the USO.
The Rotary Club of Springfield Township celebrated friends and fellowship this week; welcoming the Chorus of the Springfield Township High School to share songs of inspiration of the holiday season. In addition, two Rotarians received Paul Harris Fellows, the highest honor a Rotarian can receive either through personal contributions to the Rotary Foundation or by being honored by their club. Pictured Left to Right: George Struzyna, a now four time Paul Harris recipient and Dan Helwig who received his fifth Paul Harris for his work on the Flourtown-Erdenheim War Memorial.
Our own Dan Helwig, suited up as Saint Nick along with Nancy McGettigan as Mrs. Claus helped bring joy to kids of all ages at the Craft Fair at Flourtown Fire Company. Joined by fellow Rotarians Dan and company lead by the tireless efforts of Claudia Campbell collected much needed food for Philabundance. The Food Drive continues and you can drop off your non-perishable food items at the following locations (below photos) until January.
FOOD DRIVE PARTICIPANTS
- Acme Market, Flourtown, PA (Food Drive, November 19th and November 20th – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm)
- Arcadia University, Glenside, PA (Food Drive Bin, November 14th – Empty Bowl Benefit Dinner)
- Avant Apres Salon, Flourtown (Food Drop Off Location)
- Bonus Marketing, Flourtown (Signs/Banners Advertising Rotary Food Fight/Drop Off Locations)
- Boy Scout Troop 320, Cub Scout Pack 173, Flourtown (Scouting For Hunger)
- Dobbins AVTS, 2150 Lehigh Avenue, Philadelphia (Holiday Food Drive)
- First Niagara Bank (Flourtown), Flourtown (Food Drop Off Location)
- Flourtown Business Association (Holiday Food Drive)
- Flourtown Farmers Market (Food Drop Off Location)
- Flourtown Fire Company, Ladies Auxiliary (Hosting Santa Food Fight For Hunger Event, November 26, noon to 2:00 pm)
- Grace Lutheran Church (Wyndmoor), (Food Drop Off Location)
- Harvard Realty Exchange, Norristown (Food Drop Off Location)
- Health Advocate, Norristown (Food Drop Off Location)
- Murphy’s Tavern, Roxborough (Holiday Food Drive)
- Norristown Area School District (Holiday Food Drive)
- Patrick Richards Hair Salon, Oreland (Holiday Food Drive)
- Saint Genevieve School, Flourtown (Thanksgiving Food Drive)
- Sandy Run Country Club (Oreland) (Food Drop Off Location)
- Springfield Township High School (Martin Luther King Day Food Drive)
- Stan’s Automotive, Norristown (Food Drop Off Location)
- Tony’s Pizza City, Wyndmoor, PA (Food Drop Off Location)
- True Value Hardware, Wyndmoor, PA (Food Drop Off Location)
- Zion Lutheran Church, Flourtown (Food Drop Off And Food Storage Location)
Philabundance has requested the following high priority food items be donated:
Food Drive Collection Guidelines
NON-PERISHABLE ITEMS ONLY
Choose products that are in boxes, cans or plastic bottles and that do not have to be refrigerated.
Bread and baked goods are not suitable because of their short shelf life. Items should be recently purchased and in good condition.
High Priority Items
- Canned Shelf-stable tuna
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Canned Pasta
- Canned Beef Stew
- Canned Chili
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Canned Green Beans
- Canned Corn
- Canned Fruit
- Breakfast Cereal and Hot Cereal